Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way that Go Logistics Inc. conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Go Logistics Inc.'s daily operations.
Go Logistics Inc. strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of Go Logistics Inc. must abide by this organization's procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to: Go Logistics Inc., business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing Go Logistics Inc. to collect, use, and disclose the individual's personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
Go Logistics Inc. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. Go Logistics Inc. hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To distribute promotional and informational materials.
- To organize webinars, online meetings and provide access to exclusive resources.
- To gather input and/or opinions on industry related topics.
Go Logistics Inc. assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Emmanuel Davis ̶ Director, Human Resources as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- Go Logistics Inc. obtains personal information directly from the individual to whom the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how Go Logistics Inc. uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. Go Logistics Inc. will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. Go Logistics Inc. will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Under no circumstances will Go Logistics Inc. sell, distribute, or otherwise disclose personal information or contact lists to third parties. However, limited disclosure may be required as part of Go Logistics Inc. fulfilling its stated business duties and day-to-day operations. This may include consultants, suppliers, or business partners of
- Go Logistics Inc. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- Go Logistics Inc. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Go Logistics Inc. maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Go Logistics Inc. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Go Logistics Inc.'s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or "snooping" by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
Go Logistics Inc. will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information.